Thursday, July 24, 2014

Taste and See that the Lord is Good!

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." 
James 5:16

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." 
Psalm 34:8

These two pieces of scripture are very precious to me. I want to share them with you, my fellow Readers, because the Lord has ministered much to me and I want to pass it on to whomever else needs encouragement. 

You see, as a human being, I am flawless and I see those flaws everyday and I wish everyday that they were not there. Lately, the Lord has been speaking to me the importance of showing goodness to those around me. When someone makes a mistake or is forgetful, I confess that I do not respond to them in the right or good way. The Lord also reminded me that I am also not the only human being who has faults. Just because you cannot see someones faults or do not hear them talk about their faults; it does not mean that they are not there. I always saw people as being perfect and that I am the only one who has faults. This is a self-centered mindset that I needed to get ride of and the Lord is helping me still to get ride of it. 

The reason we must show goodness to those around us is because we are not here to condemn people when they make a mistake. It is better to avoid being unkind or harsh to someone because usually after we are unkind to someone about a fault they have, we then face a situation where we find that same fault in our self. I have experienced this too many times. I hope that I have learned my lesson :P haha 

Tasting the goodness of the Lord is to experience and know the Lord's goodness. When we taste His goodness it can help us to then show/share that goodness to others. For example, when someone gives you an out of the blue gift you then feel wonderful and want to do the same thing for someone else. Once we taste His goodness we then want others to taste it too. 

When dealing with faults of our self or others; we must be gentle, kind, and patient. Beating our self or others up when we see our flaws is not the solution. Our Lord brings these things to the surface because He is saying to us that it is time for the spoon to come in and remove that bitter tasting flavor in the soup bowl. 

I do hope this makes sense to you or is an encouragement to you. If you have not tasted of the Lord's goodness, then cry out that you may taste and see that the Lord is good. Also, when a flaw comes to the surface in your life, do not condemn yourself or try to push it back to the bottom. When you see a flaw in another person(s) life, be patient, kind, and loving. Know that you are not the only one going through a trial even if it may seem to you so obvious. Pray for your brother when you see them in a state of struggle.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment