Sunday, December 21, 2014

Psalm 18 Part One

Lately, it has been a great struggle to do anything. Any way I go, I find opposition and struggles to be faithful to do the tasks that have been set before me. So, with these struggles, I have put my nose into Psalm 18 and will blog about all that the Lord reveals to me and that the Holy Spirit brings to my remembrance. I hope that these posts will serve as a strengthening and encouragement to you; just as the Lord strengthens and encourages me too.

Psalm 18:1 begins with a cry of the hearts who seek after righteous things. I will be reading from the NKJV, and it says, "I will love You, O LORD, my strength." Those who love the Lord are those who seek righteousness; they seek to find out what displeases the Lord and what He hates and they avoid doing that and walking in those ways in their own life. To love the Lord is to fear the Lord because the fear of the Lord is what keeps us from sin. Sin is what God hates, it is not part of God's perfect plan for us, and it causes us to fall short of His best for each of our lives. We love the Lord, but, at times, this love must grow and be strengthened. The love of a 5 year old towards his/her parents is different than their love for his/her parents when they are 30 or married. Their love for each other has grown and strengthened. It is strengthened through the history they experienced and fought through together. This love spoken of here is not an immature love, or something kind that someone is saying to the Lord, but, indeed it is a love spoken with history that has drawn this person closer to the Lord. They have seen the Sovereignty of the Lord and they have become more attracted to Him. Those who say these words are those who realize that they cannot because more pleasing or more righteous without Him.

Let this be an ongoing cry and passion of our own hearts towards our LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment