Thursday, April 2, 2015

Author and Finisher of our Faith

I have been studying Psalm 37 and I want to share my study notes in how that some off my readers would be encouraged.

Psalm 37:4,"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Hebrews 12:2 says, "Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Just knowing this simple truth should be enough for us to commit our ways into His hands. He is not just the Author but He is the Finisher. We can have confidence, that the world does not know, that He will complete the work that He has started in us (Phil. 1:6).

When we place our trust on Him, we are trusting in Someone solid. He is our Solid Rock. Psalm 62:6-9 (NKJV) says, "He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah Surely men of low degree are a vapor, Men of high degree are a lie; If they are weighed on the scales, They are altogether lighter than vapor."

Psalm 37:5 encourages us to, "Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you." (NLT) If we have little faith then we won't release everything to God because we are lacking. I chose this translation of Psalm because there will be times where our faith will be lacking. But, God is one who does not abandon us. If we cry out for help, He will come. Committing our ways to Him is a day by day thing. Take it one day at a time and do not worry about tomorrow until it is today (Matt 6:24-34).

Abundant Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment