Sunday, November 14, 2010

Proverbs 17:1

"Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife."

"Better is a dry morsel"  what does this mean?
"Morsel" means - a small amount of anything.

"...and quietness therewith..."
"Quietness" is a state of peace and "therewith" means immediately after.

"..than an house full of sacrifices with strife."
Sacrifices involve a great lose of something precious to you and strife is the lack of harmony.

Putting these three broken parts together:
"It is better to have a small amount of anything, for immediately after there shall be the state of peace, than an house full of great loses with little harmony"

2 comments:

  1. I like how you put this together; you will make a great little commentator one day... blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in that house most of my life. I'm glad I was finally able to leave that place, not a healthy place to be. I like the peaceful state that I'm in currently, so uplifting, even if I don't have all the possessions that I once had. I think I'm a better person because of it. So I totally agree with Proverbs 17:1.

    ReplyDelete