Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Convention 2011

This week I attended our Spring church convention and words cannot seem to describe how strong, clear, comforting, and convicting Gods message was for myself.

God is so good! He wants us to take His yoke (His law) and learn of Him [Matthew 11:29]. You know we think that God is so demanding and hard, but He is not! Matthew 11:30 He says, "For my yoke [my law] is easy, and my burden [task or service] is light."

We need to be investing our time in knowing who our God really is, in creating a stronger relationship with Him, and dwelling in His presence! If we go back to verse 29 we learn that He is humble, meek, and lowly. He wants us to be humble and lowly, to esteem others before our self, just like what He did for us. I was teaching the younger kids Sunday School last week and they were learning about the 31 kings in a Christian walk and about JOY. We, as humans, want to have true joy! As Christians, we must be willing to allow a change in our mindset. Let us remember that true joy can only be: Jesus first, Others second, and then Yourself must be last. This is so hard for us to do because we think 'to be humble and lowly' means to be sad and down, but it's now! That is a bird of lies that flies over our heads and tries to lay a nest. True joy is putting God first, others next, and yourself last! We need to kick that 'birds nest' off our head and be willing to put God FIRST, others NEXT, and yourself LAST! (God wants us to dedicate our lives and be changed by the renewing of our minds; having minds like Christ.)

His grace is so very sufficient for our needs. God is wanting a people who are willing to be made more like Him. He wants us to be completely willing to surrender ALL our will to Him alone. I look back and I see nothing, but an abundance of Gods grace. His Grace still amazes me and His love is still a mystery each day!

That reminds me of the words to one of the songs my sister wrote:

One burning desire,
Is to be more like you!
How long Oh LORD,
'til I awake in Your likeness?
Empty me of every hindrance!

Fill me, with more of your Spirit,
Lord, I surrender all my will.
Let your hand come touch my heart once again,
Conform me Lord to your plan
I don't want to be the same,
Change me in Your presence day by day

Surrender ALL your will and desire for Him to fill you! He is faithful and satisfies us! We just need to discover that! 8*) Conform me Lord to YOUR plan!
God wants willing hearts! People that will surrender their all and allow Him to use us (to conform us) to fulfill His plan. A guest speaker spoke to the youth and He said something that really gave myself a slap in the face, but it is true! He said to us, "I don't think we realize that God doesn't need our help!" That is painful to hear, but it is really true! He can do it alone, but He is an awesome God and He allows us to be able to say 'He is my God and He wants to use me to fulfill something I cannot even fathom!' Hearing those words made me realize how small I really am. When we go out into the world and work with them a lot we begin to get big heads and we start to forget who really is the one who needs help! We must continually remind ourselves that without God we are nothing and that we have the victory only through Jesus!

Humble ourselves in the eyes of our LORD! In Second Chronicles chapter seven and verse fourteen it says, "If my people, who are called by my name, would humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." We must have a completely willing to humble ourselves not in our own eyes, but in the eyes of our lord, then will He: listen, forgive, and heal. We must understand the importance of this verse because we are living in the time where our nation is loosing the favor and we must be those people who are willing to humble themselves and pray for our nation! So many lives depend on me humbling myself before God (it's the humble that receive the Grace of God!). Humility is the key to unity!!!

God also spoke in the services that we must seek righteousness and meekness.

Seek Righteousness: it is important that we love righteousness and hate wickedness! God loves and delights in those who do righteousness. "Blessed are they who hunger after righteousness; for they shall be filled." Be ye filled with righteousness of God [holiness is to be different; separate from iniquity!]

Seek Meekness: To be meek is to be tamed (one who will sit until he is beckoned), one who is broken and complete submission, no reaction to what other people say or conditions [learn to control yourself!] "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth."

Be dependant upon God and He shall preserve you! No more double standards, but allow God to do a cleansing work in you! Be transparent before God!

Amen! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment