Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor for Eternity

"Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree bears her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar  and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."    Joel 2:21-32

One of the sermons my Pastor spoke on (09/04/11) was about Labor. The main point of his message was that our time on earth is considered labor for eternity. We are to consider what we are laboring on in this earth. Make sure that it is not labor for earthly things! We want to get to Heaven and find that our labors on earth was fruitful.

My Pastor brought up this verse in Joel and I wanted to use to encourage those who are getting discouraged or losing faith. Be not full of sorrow, but be glad and rejoice for things will change soon! God promises it and repeats Himself throughout scripture and this chapter. Hold onto those promises that He gives to you and continue to labor. If you find that you haven't been laboring in the right things; now is your time to make that decision to labor in what God has planned for you to labor in! Don't run from it because it will only bring you more sorrow and suffering! Do allow yourself to be lazy and one day find yourself with with all earthly things and nothing eternal!

I pray that God would touch the hearts of those who come and read my blog. I post stuff because I want people to understand who God is and why I serve and live each day for Him! He is the way, truth, and life and I have been brought through many situations that caused me to realize my need for Him and that I cannot go through this life on earth without Him and His saving grace, unconditional everlasting love, and Holy Spirit! So if you come to my blog and read my post, know that I really am praying for you that God would get a hold of your life and make Himself real and true to you like He did for me and start laboring in the right things!

God Bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment