Monday, December 9, 2013

Our Desires Becoming Aligned with His!

Just something brief to share and a prayer that the Lord placed on my heart today while I was walking. It is, "Lord, help me to live what I confess and confess what You want me to be."

I don't want to be someone who talks the whole day and at the end of the day accomplished did nothing. We all have desires within ourselves; some pop up out of the blue and others have been desires within us for years. What are we doing? If those desires are of God then are we confessing them and living them out? or are we just saying, "Man I really want..." or "I wish I could..." If they are of God, then don't be afraid or hide them, but confess, "Yes, Lord, I desire that too. Help it to come to pass in my life". If those desires are not of God, then we must be willing to open our hands and let those desires go. For the ladies, you go shopping and you see all of those clothes that are on sale and you WANT them but you don't NEED them. You only have so much money that you can spend and so you must let some things go in order to stay within budget. Men, you can relate this too tools, gadgets, or some men can relate to clothes and shoes. Our will is the one thing that is our own. Our will becomes aligned with Christ will as we choose to desire our own wants and desires when it is necessary to do so. We cannot try, in our own might and strength, to make those desires fit into God's plans. We have to open our hands and let them blow away with the wind. There is only strength to do what God has purposed us to do. Let us not struggle to do what we are not suppose to do, but let us desire to do what our Creator has created us to do.

It's something to think about for sure. I want my confession to be those things that God desires and has planned for me to live out and be.

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Very good Rebecca, as David said: "Oh that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes; then shall I not be ashamed when I have respect unto all your commandments" (Psalm 119:4-5). May God make our desires meet His expectations!

    ReplyDelete