Friday, October 22, 2010

Psalms 91:1-4

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler."

                                                                                                           Psalm 91:1-4

These verses are highlighted in my Bible. I have been meditating on the book of Proverbs, but this morning I opened to this Psalms and it caught my eye. Next to these highlighted verses was, "Preservation depends on your relationship with your Lord." That really really spoke to me and brought such a joy and hope in my heart this morning. The enemy loves to attack us through our mind/thoughts. He tells us one thing and adds lies it. Lately he was putting thoughts of the future into my head and SO many worries. After reading these verses I began to laugh at myself because I realized that right now my focus is to be on my relationship with Christ. If I worry about that I don't need to worry about anything else. Victory is won when the battle is placed into Gods hands.

Now is the time in which we need to invest! We pray 'Lord bring revival', but you know when revival comes He needs people who are equipped to feed the hungry souls. There will not be the free time of studying like we have now! Worry about right now and taking all the advantage you can in moving closer to God.

The best kind of teacher is the one who has lived through it and understands the situation(s). We want to allow God to put us through situations that will equip us and prepare us for the people He will send us to. There is so much to be done in my life, but I remind myself that I need to leave that up to God. I think about it and I feel like I am trapped. God deals with us in His PERFECT timing! Believe it and walk with Him. Draw nearer to him! He is not a condemning God, but one who longs to be that friend who will help you to overcome trial by trial.

I say it again, Invest now! Invest in your relationship with God and He shall preserve you in the times that we need to be preserved. Don't spend your time worrying, but investing!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment