Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today made history for me!

Today was a day that made history for me. I woke up and got ready for work. As the day rolled on I thought that tasks were getting accomplished and everyone was getting things done (of course there were a couple of side frustrations). At the end of my shift things took a dramatic turn.

This is the part that really made this day history for me. God opened my eyes to an area in my life that He wanted to deal with. It was extremely hard and painful to realize, but it sort of brought a joy in my heart. I want my Savior to look upon me and be pleasing in His eyes. What was revealed to me was, that I had a certain pride inside my heart that I did not think was bad. My eyes were opened to what others thought about me. My pride was feeding on the hurt of others.

Words are strong and powerful and I tend to underestimate that power. God does not take delight in hurtful words. I thought about it for the rest of the day and while I was reading Proverbs 15 God continually spoke to me. This proverb talks about the tongue.


Proverbs 15:1-7

"A soft answer turneth away wrath [anger]: but grievous [harsh] words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit. A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent. In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble. The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so."

As I began thinking about these verses and applying them to me, tears came down my face. I do not want to have a mouth that speaks foolish things. One doesn't want to keep things inside, but I realize I need to learn to take my thoughts, frustrations, and angers to God in prayer. Not to go around and spread these foolish words. That is how people make enemy's.

This is something that I have observed over the few years that I have been working. People tell you their opinions and one allows those opinion(s) to conform his mind. It changes ones thoughts and he doesn't stop to think and ask himself 'they may believe that, but do I?' A persons natural response to jump that step and say 'yes I believe that too?'. If only one would stop himself and think about (it with the right mind set). Not drawing to conclusions about one another when that person(s) is in the wrong state of mind. When the mind is full of anger it tend to make wrong opinions/conclusions about each the surrounding people.

Today made history for me and I hope that this is the first step to a change in my life. I want my lips to be pure and an example to all who hear me. I am constantly reminded that people see and hear what I do and I want them to see Christ in me. Me walking with Christ and not me dragging Christ in the dirt! So many lives depend on what I do and as a leader I want to get through this trial and help others when they get to this path.

Please realize that this is true! As Christians, we are to be Christ-like and we want that Christ-like image flowing out of us. So many lives depend on what we do, ask God for strength to continue on!

Amen

1 comment:

  1. This hits home hard. Most people have grown up around this type of behavior and dont even realize what it is that they are doing because society has excepted it as being normal, but shouldn't thinking for yourself be considered normal? Society has become so lazy that it is easier to agree with somone else than think for yourself. After reading this post I had to stop and look at my life and the pain that i have caused using this logic. I realized this dark side of me that i didnt even know existed, but this has shined a light on that dark spot. I also realized that not only having your own opinion a good thing but being able to stand next to it with an open heart is even more resilient. Thank you for sharing your enlightenment, it has brought about a different mindset that i can only hope is the start down the right path.

    ReplyDelete